Notice Regarding the Handling of Personal Information
Japan Post Staff Co., Ltd.
8-4-14 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052 Japan
Our company’s purpose of use regarding personal information entrusted to us by customers, as well our handling of personal information, is as follows.
1. Our company’s efforts in relation to personal information
2. Purpose of use of personal information
Our company and our company’s commissioned travel agents shall use personal information provided to us by the customer in order to fulfill the following purposes:
- (1) communication with the customer;
- (2) delivery/provision of services such as transport and accommodation facilities, etc., related to travel;
- (3) various procedures related to travel;
- (4) insurance procedures to guarantee costs and the like in the event of an accident, in accordance with our company’s responsibilities under its travel contract;
- (5) provision of products, services, and promotional campaign information from our company and our partner companies, and provision of information related to travel;
- (6) requests for opinions and feedback after participation in travel;
- (7) requests for cooperation with surveys;
- (8) provision of special offers; and
- (9) compilation of statistical data.
3. Provision of personal information to third parties
Our company may provide personal information to third parties as follows: Purpose of provision Fulfilling various procedures related to travel, and
delivery/provision of services such as transport and accommodation facilities, etc.
Types of personal information to be provided Name, address, telephone number, boarded flight name, etc. Means/Method of provision Paper documents or electronic data Recipients Transport and accommodation facilities, souvenir stores
4. Personal information protection measures
Our company has implemented security measures in order to prevent leakage of, loss of, or damage to personal information. Additionally, our company regularly trains its employees in protection of personal information, and strictly manages their handling of such.
5. Outsourcing of personal information
If our company subcontracts some duties involving personal information to an external party, we will enter into a contract with the said party and monitor them appropriately.
Provision of personal information is voluntary, but we request your understanding of the fact that, should you not provide the information, we will be unable to provide services to fulfill our purpose of use.
7. Complaints, requests for disclosure, amendment, etc., and requests for cessation of use, etc.
Customers are asked to contact the “Consultation Desk for Protection of Personal Information ” indicated below if they wish to make, in regard to personal information, a complaint or a request for: notification of purpose of use; disclosure; amendment, addition, or deletion of contents; cessation of use; removal; or cessation of provision to a third party (hereinafter collectively referred to as a “request for disclosure, etc.”).
Thereafter, we will send a request form for making a request for disclosure, etc. from our company, called a “Personal Information Consultation Reception and Response Document ” (hereinafter referred to as a “request form”). Please fill in the required information and mail it to the following address.
Delivery address for request forms
Consultation Desk for Protection of Personal Information
5F Aoyama Tower Place, 8-4-14 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-0052 Japan
Other precautions relating to requests for disclosure, etc. are given below.
(1) Verification of identity
When responding to requests for disclosure, etc. of personal information, we will verify the requester’s identity by means of identifiable information (full name, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, staff number, login ID, etc.).
Please note that, if there is a problem with the information request form or we cannot confirm the requester’s identity, we will inform them of this fact and give instructions for making a second request, but, if two weeks pass after the requester sent the request form, with no second request, the request for disclosure will be taken as null and void.
(2) Processing fee required for requests for disclosure, etc.
If we are to respond in print, we will collect a processing fee that takes into reasonable account the cost of postage.
(3) Method of result notification for requests for disclosure, etc.
Our company will begin assessment, and then perform disclosure, etc., only after confirming receipt of the processing fee. Please note that we will send the notification, by post, to the name and address of the requester indicated on the request form. We also request your understanding of the fact that notification may take several days.
Furthermore, in the following circumstances, we will deny disclosure, etc.
The necessary information is not included in the submitted documents
There is a discrepancy between, for example, the “Name” or “Address” lines on the request form and the corresponding information we have registered in the personal information for which disclosure, etc. is requested.
In the following circumstances, we cannot, per the provisions of Article 25, Paragraph 1 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, respond to the request for disclosure, etc. We ask for your understanding in this matter. If we decide not to disclose the information, we will reply to you indicating the reason for such.
- ・There is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and privileges of the person in question or any third party.
- ・There is a risk of impeding the appropriate implementation of our company’s business operations.
- ・There is a risk of disclosure violating another law or ordinance.